After, over four decades of involvement, in a variety of executive, business, and financial positions, as well as consulting, I have often assisted, those. in – need, in considering, ways to reduce their personal expenses, in as unobtrusive way, as possible! Although, health considerations, must be, our highest priority, during these times, many people, because of the impacts, of necessary restrictions, and limits of business activities, and the associated, loss of wages, and asset value, need to seriously consider, and address, a way, to reduce their expenses, in a reasonable, responsible, relevant manner. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 things, which might make sense, to do, now.
1. Contact and speak to your mortgage company: Many mortgage companies, as well as government agencies, have announced, policies, where they recognize, the crisis, we are in. With that in mind, several are permitting one, to extend the length of their existing mortgage, by varying periods, and without penalties/ fees, but simply, by adding the skipped months, at the end, of the original term of the loan. This will not have any harmful impact on your credit, and/ or, Credit Rating, but, requires, you, to contact, your mortgage company, and request it, using the specific process, that institution, is using.
2. Speak to credit card companies, and other loans/ lending institutions: Without one’s regular source of income, coming in, paying usual bills, may be somewhat challenging, and tension – producing! Contact every institution/ company, you owe money to, and request, adjusted terms, during this crisis. Most will agree!
3. Economize/ reduce spending: Don’t hoard unnecessary items, simply because of your fears, etc! Switch to store brands, if possible, to save costs! Avoid buying any unnecessary, or impulse items! Don’t let your restricted circumstances, make you, lose – your – head!
4. Lower electric/ utility costs: Lower your utility costs, by adjusting your thermostat (just a few degrees, makes a significant difference/ savings), and, turning off lights, when unnecessary. Live a simpler, less costly, life, and your future, will thank you!
5. Protect your health: In these times of uncertain health dangers, due to this Coronavirus pandemic, the most important thing, you can do, is, to protect your overall health, and well – being! Follow the recommendations, especially, those, to responsibly, use the concept, of Social Spacing, etc, and everyone will benefit, and prosper!
In times of need, making responsible, responsive sacrifices, makes sense! Will you do so today, in order to ensure a better, tomorrow?